SEO Tips | some good practices for title tags
The title tag is one of the most important factors in achieving high search engine rankings. Adding a correct title tag can often generate fast and substantial result to your ranking in SERPs. A title tag is used to inform both user and search engines what the particular page is about. Preferably, you should create a unique title for each page of your website.
The <title> tag should be placed within the <head> tag of the HTML document.
<TITLE>this is a title tag</TITLE>
You can use your business name or keywords or important information on your homepage title. Title tag for inner pages should be relevant with the content of page.
Some good practices for title tags
- Choose a title tag which accurately describe the webpage content
- Choose a unique title tag for each page to help search engine know how the page is distinct from the others pages.
- Use the name of your website or brand at the end of every title tag to create brand awareness.
- Don’t stuff unneeded keywords in your title tags
- Use brief, but descriptive titles because Google display only approximately 65 characters of the title and some search engine display more.
- Use the most important keywords at the beginning of your title
- Use a separator like “|” or “-“ between keywords
- Using your title tag as H1 header can be very valuable
- Use relevant keyword phrases
- Choose the title tags keeping in mind the searcher not search engine